Monchique Mountain Marathon > Programme
In partnership with the association Caminhadas em Portugal (AcaminPor), ECO123 is preparing the international hiking week “Monchique Mountain Marathon 2019”, which will take place from 27 December 2019 to 3 January 2020.
Here is the programme:
- Friday, 27/12 + Saturday, 28/12 + Sunday, 29/12 09:00 > Guided thematic walks in the Monchique Mountains
- W1 Mushrooms and truffles walk > (8 km, **)
- W2 Indigenous tree species of the Algarve > (6 km, *)
- W3 Edible and medicinal plants > (6 km, *)
- W4 The enchanted trail > (12 km, **)
- W5 Picota volcanic mountain >(13 km, **)
- W6 Monchique > (6 km, *)
* easy ** moderate *** difficult
13:00 End of walk > Snack can be taken during or after the hike.
- Monday, 30 December 06:00 – 22:00 > 42,6km Marathon, including snacks, drinking water and first aid and half marathon 21km Caldas – Casais – Marmelete – Fóia (Lunch)- Monchique – Picota – Fornalha – Caldas